Monday, January 18, 2010

YOA Weekend Kickoff

What is YOA? Year Of Awesome. It's been so long since I've updated this that I don't remember if I've mentioned this or not. Not my idea, but one of my friends, Brant. It sounds pretty self-explanatory but that just may be because we've been repeating it for a while now. Anyway, to celebrate we headed up to Breckenridge and got a condo for the weekend. I'm sure there were plenty of highlights to go around, but in a nutshell, I still suck at beerpong. Both nights. Fortunately for me Brant does not and that's what saved us on the first night, and kept us in the running the second night. However, there is something I am good at and apparently it's choking out someone that weighs about 40 pounds more than me. Being the mature people we are, sometimes we wrestle when we drink and OG (Nate) was the instigator. Having not learned his lesson when Brant (a much more fair weight class match-up) almost choked him out earlier, I sunk it in and forced the tap. However, I think he got his revenge when we got back to the beerpong table.....

We did ski as well and were able to hit up Vail. Aside from seeing my friends Ben and Jamie who I went to Marquette with, the actual skiing was uneventful since the snow wasn't that good. Still, it was good to see them.

Workouts are still chugging along. I have a tentative schedule for my races that I'll probably firm up sometime this week. In preparation for it I'll keep sticking with yoga and the cross-training class that I do. I've mentioned it before but I really think that even though I may give up some speed by kicking out a swim/bike/run a couple times a week, I'll gain some valuable strength that will make my body more durable. I've already done a good job of neglecting the swim so maybe it's time I get in there a bit more consistently. I was hoping that the pool at my new gym would be opening up soon but it looks like that will be delayed for a few months unfortunately. It will be much easier to get in a quick swim over lunch than it is before work!

No comments: