Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tentative Schedule

Here we go. I'm not committed to any of these races yet since I haven't registered for any of them, but it's a good idea of how my racing season will shape up. There are a couple races out there right now that aren't sure if they're able to be held this year or not so they may get added. At the same time, life happens and if something needs to get scratched I'm not going to worry about it.

Like I've said before, this season has a heavy concentration on mountain bike racing and I'm currently working on building up my new mountain bike which I'm pretty excited about. More on that some other time, but it's a Yeti ASR (alloy) with SRAM X.O. It'll be a good deal lighter than my Yeti 575, but again, more on that later.

Tentative Schedule:

And oh yeah, just for the hell of it I threw my name in the lottery for Leadville 100. I'm sure they'll have record entries this year and I won't get in but it's worth a shot. If I do get in you can bet your ass I'll do everything I can to come in under 12 hours and get that belt buckle!

I like this schedule since it's a little more rear-end loaded which means I'll be starting out a little slower and starting to come around somewhere in mid-June. I'm hoping it will also set me up nicely for a solid cyclocross season and I'll post that schedule later on in the Fall.

1 comment:

Rick Lapinski said...

Looks like a solid schedule for sure. The Firecracker 50 should be fun, I had looked at that in the past, but I'm not too sure about my technical abilities on my mountain bike. I would need to ride it much more than I do. I'm going to try to get on it once a week this summer just to change things up and to have some fun...gotta stay safe though.