Sunday, January 10, 2010

So Far So Good

So far the year's started off pretty good on the workout front. Slowly working on getting back into it and getting into a rhythm again. It's a bit different without a set plan to follow but I also kind of like that. Even though I probably have a good running base from the December challenge, I've kept my runs short and around the half hour mark. One of the reasons is that I hate running on the treadmill and a half hour is about my limit on there. On the bike I've hit a couple sessions on the trainer doing some repeats of watt-based workouts I did last year. I haven't done a test just yet to see what my FTP is so I used the same zones I started with last year. The good news is it's felt easier than I remembered. Hopefully some of the CX season paying off. Also, with the weather being pretty nice this weekend I was able to get outside on my bike both days. The cross bike was perfect for those rides with some snow patches still on the sidewalks. Finally, I'm not sure which is more shocking - that I went to yoga for the first time or that I got back in the pool.

The pool was pretty uneventful. Since I haven't been in the water since August I started nice and easy. Actually, Chad and Rick probably both have more yards in one swim session than I've done in two but I'm completely fine with that. I figured I'd go until my form was really starting to suck and not surprisingly, it wore me out. I was more tired than I should have been the next day but it felt good to be that tired from a workout even if it was pretty damn short.

On the yoga front, it wasn't all that bad. I went to a place that started out with a one-on-one which was perfect since I didn't know anything. A few days later I went to a class and it went well. I can see why people get into it since, if nothing else, it makes you focus on yourself for an hour. With that in mind I'll probably go back. Besides, I'm 100% convinced that yoga pants make all girls butts look fantastic.

No comments: