Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day One

Day one. Of December? Yes. Of a new job? Also yes. And it turns out it's also day one of the running challenge. While today was technically the first day of my new job, I still spent most of it transitioning from my previous one and tying up loose ends. Not a big deal and that's what most of this week will be before heading to Dallas next week for an on-boarding process. After that the learning curve will continue to be steep but I'll have a much better idea of how things work.

Day one of the running challenge wasn't very eventful but I did get out to run. Turns out there's a cold front moving in and I was a little underdressed but it was a quick run of 3.14 miles in 26:30. I took it particularly slow to be sure I stayed in zone 2 (aerobic) the whole time rather than training in the gray area when I don't have the fitnees or need to do so right now. Looks like another 20 minutes is on tap for tomorrow. It also looks like we could get some snow tonight. I'll still get it done outside though.

No comments: