Sunday, December 20, 2009

Running Around

That's what it's felt like since I've been back from Dallas. Lots of running and running around. First, with the run "challenge" I broke my streak. On Tuesday I went out for happy hour with Brant and some others. One drink led to another.....then another......then another. And when I got home around 10 I wasn't quite up for a quick jog. I've still been going strong though and getting things in, and probably moreso than I would have without the challenge which is really the point anyway. Today's run was particularly good. Not sure how it would go down after being on tired legs. I went up to A-Basin for some skiing on my teles yesterday with Brant, Mindy, and Matty. It was pretty cold in the morning but a blue sky day otherwise and the snow loosened up nicely. Then they opened up some more terrain after lunch and we had about a foot of fresh snow to play in. My legs were getting pretty trashed at that point so we did about 3 or 4 runs and called it. Still plenty of ski days left for the year.

Got my run in yesterday when I got home and it was easy enough that it was a non-issue, but I have noticed my calves are starting to get tight lately. So today I ran some errands and then went out for the daily run. Forty-five minutes later I felt pretty damn good, surprisingly. It's always nice when I can run outside in December in shorts so maybe that's what helped me. Still, when I went out I felt like I was plodding along but every time I looked at my pace I was moving faster than expected. All said and done, I went at a 7:41 pace. Pretty solid.

1 comment:

Rick Lapinski said...

Nice pace, especially on tired legs! I'm jealous that you get to ski though...I can't really call skiing here legit.